- Go to Sun and download the 'JRE 6'. Select the hyperlink 'Download JRE 6'
- Accept the Sun License agreement by selecting the the 'Accept License agreement' button.
- Select the 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' or 'Windows Online Installation, Multi-language'. Either can be used but the Online one is a smaller download size.
- Save the 'jre-6-windows-i586-iftw.exe' to disk.
- If the above file is not listed then just download the latest non-beta version of Java.
- Go to Eclipse to download.
- Select the 'Eclipse IDE for Java Developers ' hyperlink.
- Save 'eclpise-ganymede-win32.zip' to disk. This can take awhile.
- Execute the 'jre-6-windows-i586-iftw.exe' or latest version name.
- Use the 'Typical setup' install and click 'Accept'.
- Use the default install location of 'C:\Program files\Java'
- Use the 7-zip or WinZip to open the 'eclpise-ganymede-win32.zip' file to 'C:\' this will create a directory called C:\eclipse. Execute the 'C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe' program, this will complete the installation of Eclipse.
- Use the 7-zip or WinZip to unpack the Tabby Install into an empty directory.
- Execute the install.exe program and use the default settings.
- Once install is complete you can start Eclipse and then read the Getting Started section of the Tabby Install help section of the Eclipse help.